Once you have received feedback on your latest assessment, add it as a blog post.
Make sure you include a picture, categories and tags.
- The question was “Compare the ways in which the writers or speakers use language to ensure they get what they want from the discussion. In your answer you should consider: • context • mode and genre • purpose and audience.”
- The two texts were: Newsnight Special (for Barack Obama’s election): Jeremy Paxman interviews Baroness Valerie Amos and Dizzie Rascal (p39-40); Russel Brand’s Evidence to a Select Committee (p46-50). (Click the link to see videos of the exchanges.)
- AO1 – 8/30 – Apply concepts and methods from integrated linguistic and literary study as appropriate, using associated terminology and coherent written expression.
- AO2 – 7/30 – Analyse ways in which meanings are shaped in texts.
- AO3 – 8/30 – Demonstrate understanding of the significance and influence of the contexts in which texts are produced and received.
- AO4 – 7/30 – Explore connections across texts, informed by linguistic and literary concepts and methods.